Nowadays Estonia participates in the elaboration of European Pharmacopoeia according to the Convention on Elaboration of the European Pharmacopoiea – Convention No 50 of Council of Europe.
- Estonia received an observer status at the European Pharmacopoeia Commission on 14 February 1997.
- The Law for Joining the Convention on Elaboration of the European Pharmacopoiea, as amended by the Protocol of 16 November 1989 was approved by the Parliament on 24 October 2001.
- The Law was promulgated by the President on 13 November 2001.
· On 16 January 2002 Ambassador Ants Frosch, Permanent Representative of Estonia to the Council of Europe, handed the instrument of accession to the European Convention on the Elaboration of a European Pharmacopoeia [European Treaty Series n° 050], as amended by the Protocol of 16 November 1989, to Walter Schwimmer, Secretary General of the Organisation.
This Convention entered into force for Estonia on 17 April 2002.
The co-operation of the State Agency of Medicines with EDQM:
- The representative of the State Agency of Medicines attends the Sessions of the European Pharmacopoeia Commission three times a yar;
- Experts of the State Agency of Medicines participate in the work of two groups of experts of the European Pharmacopoiea Commission.
- The laboratory of the State Agency of Medicines participate in OMCL Network since 1998. The analyst of the laboratory improved her training at the laboratory of EDQM in September-November 1998 as a scholar of Council of Europe.
Last updated: 25.11.2021